Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PODCASTING

I think many of us have probably used podcasts in our teaching, but we generally use podcasts that others have developed. For instance, I'm particularly fond of some of the CBC podcasts. However, we can develop our own podcasts; ten years ago we used to use tape recorders for a variety of listening exercises. I don't know about you, but my tape deck no longer works;-) In this day and age, podcasting is the way to go. Three years ago I made a podcast as part of the Blogging4Beginners course I took through evo, and I embedded it in the sidebar of one of my class blogs as a way to introduce myself to students:
http://blue_jay.podomatic.com/?badge=1
Currently, I'm planning to deliver the listening materials associated with one of my courses through podcasting and replace the CDs that currently go out to students. I'm just waiting for the last publisher to give me permission ...
I used podomatic last time around, but there are a number of recommended podcasting systems:

No comments:

Post a Comment