Thursday, February 25, 2010

MORE IN-HOUSE DEVELOPMENTS

I'm excited that an all-staff announcement went out today about a series of workshops entitled Teaching in Social Networks--Online Workshop; it will be facilitated by George Siemens who is currently on staff at AU. The main goal is to get us using the AU Social Networking site called Athabasca Landing. It's an update of the me2u site that I am currently using for reflective blogging in my one course. This is the type of workshop I have been wanting the university to set up for some time. The faculty in the Centre for Distance Education have been doing all sorts of neat things--they teach in a largely synchronous environment--and I want them to show more clearly what those of us toiling in the UG program with asynschronous delivery can achieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment