Sunday, March 6, 2011

MORE PRESENTATIONS

Where did the time go? I'm feeling a certain guilt because I haven't blogged for so long. However, conference season is upon us once again, so it's time for more presentations.
I'm very fortunate to be heading off to TESOL again this year, and I'm even more fortunate that it's in New Orleans--a city I'm really looking forward to seeing. I'm making a presentation at the Electronic Village: When is a blog not a blog. It's all about the blogging I do on the courses that I coordinate that don't follow typical blog format--they allow students to practice exercises that will help them to master certain skills associated with grammar vocabulary, writing and grammar. This is a low-key show and tell type of presentation--I will sit at my computer and a small audience--if anyone is interested--will gather around.
The other presentation is for TESL Canada and another nice venue. My only previous experience of Halifax was being lost around midnight and trying to find a cheap motel. All we could find was a 24-hour Tim Hortons and a helpful server who provided food (hadn't eaten since lunch time) and pointed us in the right direction for a motel. I should have done a commercial for them with that story.  I'm hoping to see more this time around. The presentation I'm doing for that conference is about reflective journalling; this is something I've been experimenting with on a couple of courses, and I'm pleased with the way its going.
I hope to see some of you in one or both of these interesting venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment